Every export and every import require certain documents to be provided for customs clearance. Some cases require minimal documentation, but many others entail a multitude of forms to be submitted. This webinar provides an overview to the basic to the more unusual documents that may be required for customs clearance of exports and imports.
Why this matters to your business
Each document serves a particular function, whether for the protection of the seller, the buyer, or both. Some documents can only be obtained by the seller, or through the information provided by the seller. Knowing what is expected can help not only facilitate the sale, but also minimize the risk of something going wrong for you, or for the transaction itself.
Business challenges you may face without this knowledge
- More frequent customs clearance delays, or even rejections
- Increased risk of improper customs filings
- Increased risk of property loss
Who should watch this webinar
- Order entry clerks, customer service representatives, and export coordinators of companies with global business
- Trade Documentation Requirements
- Nathaniel Ward, MA, MBA, CGBP
Director and Trade Advisor for the Ohio SBDC Export Assistance Network - at Cleveland State University
Since 2012, Nate Ward has served as a regional Director of the Small Business Center Export Assistance Network office and Director of the Global Business Center at Cleveland State University. Nate oversees an office that provides export guidance and services to companies of a wide range of industries of Northeast Ohio.
Nate has a decade of private sector international business experience, mostly within manufacturing. His past duties included sales, logistics, marketing, pricing, research, and product development. Nate is a Certified Trainer for the NASBITE CGBP. He is a nationally recognized trainer on topics of export best practices.
In addition to teaching Ohio’s global business professionals, Nate has served as a Fulbright specialist where he taught MBA students in Pune, India. He also teaches several graduate and undergraduate classes on global business topics at Cleveland State University.
Key things you will learn to help your business
- The process of an international sale through the documentation flow
- Common and uncommon documents requested for customs clearance
- Who is responsible for which basic documents and what they are intended to represent